Built in 1901 at the current location and became a joint charge with St. Mark’s Church in New Hamburg, PA in 1909. This formed the Pymatuning Charge and the two churches are still joined today.
Zion’s Congregation of the Pymatuning Charge began in 1853, when some thirty members of the Reformed and Lutheran Congregations at Good Hope elected a “more convenient” place of worship at Rickets Corners, Pymatuning Township. Because of opposition on the part of the mother church, the organization was not completed until the following year, during the pastorate of Rev. Frederick Wahl. The first communion was held in May 1854, when there were twenty communicants. The officers were, Elder; John Zimmerman, Deacons; Samuel Kamerer & George Batteiger, and Treasurer; Solomon Dieffenderfer.
The Reformed Congregation decided to change its place of worship from Rickets Corners to Transfer in 1900, during the pastorate of Rev. D.B.Lady, D.D. and in 1902 during the pastorate of Rev. W.J.Muir, dedicated a new brick church. Dr. Lady, then of New Kensington, PA, preached the dedication sermon, and Rev. O.H.Strunck of Schuylkill Haven made the financial address. Judge Miller of Mercer addressed the congregation in the afternoon.
This Congregation constituted part of the “West Greenville,” later the “Shenango Charge,” until December 4, 1909, when the connection with St. Mark’s Congregation, New Hamburg, and the Jerusalem, or Hickory Congregation, when the “Pymatuning Charge” was consummated, which was served by the following pastors.
Rev. Will S. Fisher, 1911-1914, then Rev. H.S. Garner, 1915-1918
This information is from “The History of the Pittsburgh Synod, 1918,” The Pymatuning Charge, page 445